You must be registered in the City of Darlington to be eligible to vote in any election in the City.
New Residents, Address Changes, & Name Changes
- If you moved into the City from another municipality (whether from Wisconsin or out of state) you will need to register to vote.
- If you have moved within the City limits, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
- If you have changed your name, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
Registration Prior to Election Day
- Online - If you have a valid and current Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin Identification Card, you may register online at My Vote Wisconsin.
- In person - You may come to the Clerk's Office Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will need to bring proof of residence with you. You may download the Voter Registration Application from My Vote Wisconsin and bring it with you or you may fill one out in the Clerk's Office.
- By mail - You may download the Voter Registration Application at My Vote Wisconsin. You will need to complete the application, print it, sign it, and return it along with a copy of your Proof of Residence to the Clerk's Office.
Registration on Election Day
- On Election Day, you may register to vote at your polling location. You will need to bring proof of residence with you. Information on polling locations can be found at My Vote Wisconsin.
- Online registrations must be completed no later than 20 days (3rd Wednesday) before Election Day.
- Mailed registrations must be postmarked no later than 20 days (3rd Wednesday) before Election Day.
- Registrations in the Clerk's Office must be submitted by the voter no later than 5 p.m. on the Friday before Election Day.
- Election Day Registrations must happen at the polls between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Acceptable Proof of Residence
The document provided must contain a current and complete first and last name and residential address and must be valid on the day used to register to vote. Acceptable Documents are limited to:
- A current and valid Wisconsin Driver License / Wisconsin ID card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the cardholder, but not including a business card
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A university, college, or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated with the last 9 months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk
- A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day
- A bank or credit card statement
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
- A letter on public or private social service agency letterhead identifying a homeless voter and describing the individual's residence for voting purposes
- A residential lease that is effective on the date of registration (not valid if registering by mail)
- An intake document from a residential care facility such as a nursing home or assisted living facility